Electron Beam Evaporation
E-beam is generated from a tungsten filament and driven by electric and magnetic fields toward source material and transforms it into the gaseous phase to be deposited on the substrate surface.
Lift-Off is a process of creating pattern on the substrate surface and opposite to etching process. In this process, E-beam evaporation is used to deposit desired layer (metal) in substrate surface.
Design stage water cooling or liquid nitrogen cooling for Lift-Off process.
For SYSKEY's system can control the evaporation rate, the film thickness and uniformity is less than +/- 3%.
Lift-off process steps:
1. Preparation of the substrate.
2. Deposition of the sacrificial stencil layer.
3. Patterning the sacrificial layer (ex. etching), creating an inverse pattern.
4. Deposition of the target material.
5. Washing out the sacrificial layer together with the target material on its surface.
6. Final pattern layers:
|Configurations and benefits||Options|